What is a K1 Visa

K1 Fiance Visa
is used when you meet someone from
another Country and you become engaged.

k1 visa guidance
K1 Fiance Visa Couple meeting for the first time in the Philippines
K1 Visa Requirements
Click Here for K1 Evaluation

K1 Fiance Visa:
If you are a U.S. citizen who wants to bring your foreign fiancé(e) to the United States in order to get married, you will need to file a Form I-129F, Petition For Alien Fiancé(e).

This is the first step to obtaining a K-1 nonimmigrant visa for your fiancé(e). The K-1 nonimmigrant visa is also known as a fiancé(e) visa.

In order to obtain a K1 fiancée visa, you and your fiancé(e) must intend to marry each other within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the U.S as a K-1 nonimmigrant.

Your marriage must be valid, meaning both you and your fiancé(e) have a bonafide intent to establish a life together and the marriage is not for the sole purpose of obtaining an immigration benefit.

K1 Fiance Visa is only good for 90 days once on US soil:
If your fiancé(e) marries you within 90 days of being admitted to the United States as a K-1 nonimmigrant, he or she may apply for lawful permanent resident status in the United States (a Green Card).

K1 Fiance Visa
K1 Fiance Visa has K2 Child?

If your fiancee has children?

K1 Fiance Visa with K2 Children:
If your fiancé(e) has a child who is under 21 and unmarried, the child may be eligible to come to the United States on a K-2 nonimmigrant visa. You must include the names of your fiancé(e)’s children on the Form I-129F if you wish to bring them to the United States.

The children must continue to be unmarried and under 21 in order to be admitted to the United States as K-2 nonimmigrants. They may travel with your fiancé(e) or later, but they cannot travel to the U.S. before your fiancé(e).

If you and your fiancé(e) married within 90 days of your fiancé(e)’s admission into the U.S., your fiancé(e)’s children who were admitted as K-2 nonimmigrants may also apply for a Green Card by filing Form I-485 with USCIS.

However, K-2 nonimmigrant children must remain unmarried in order to be eligible for a Green Card. K-2 nonimmigrant children should apply for a Green Card at the same time or after your fiancé(e).

K1 Fiance Visa

Failure to marry within the first 90 days?

The First 90 Days:
K-1 and K-2 non-immigrant status automatically expires after 90 days and cannot be extended. Generally, your fiancé(e) and his or her children must leave the United States at the end of the 90 days if you do not marry.

If they do not depart, they will be in violation of U.S. immigration law. This may result in removal (deportation) and could affect their future eligibility for U.S. immigration benefits.

There are many reasons why Couples do not marry within the first 90 days. A K1 Fiance Visa is well known as the 90 day Visa which allows Couples a chance to see if the relationship is met to be or not?

K1 Fiance Visa

Applying for Tourist Visa:
Every year we have Couples that only want the foreign fiancee to travel to the USA to meet family and to see if the two really have what it takes to have a lasting marriage?

Some if not most, in the beginning, try to get a B1/B2 Tourist Visa so the girl/boyfriend can see what it’s like in the US and visit the US sponsors family.

What happens if they get a Tourist Visa:
In many cases for the foreign girl/boyfriend to get a tourist visa to the United States has less than a 5% chance of being approved, however if you are approved and you’re going to the US with plan to get married and stay, then you would be removed for abusing the Tourist visas use.

Abuse of the B1/B2 Visa:
Do not attempt to abuse the use of a Tourist Visa or else it will go in you’re permanent record and future applications such as a K1 Fiance Visa will be rejected.

One of the main reasons the Tourist Visa has such a low success rate is because those attempting to get one are stopped for the following reasons.

  1. Have a boyfriend or girlfriend in the USA.
  2. They are not able to apply for the tourist visa under their own ability meaning they have help from the US.
  3. They are unable to show enough or any supporting documentation that gives the interview reason to believe that they will return to their Country when it is time?

K1 Fiance Visa

90% of Couples go the K1 Visa Route

Go the K1 Fiance Visa Route:
So a lot of Couples do understand this either because their attempt to get a Tourist Visa failed or because they realize that it would be a waste of time and money.

At least USCIS gives you a chance to get the 90 days K1 Fiance Visa to legally come to the USA and test the water to see if you both are compatible and also to see if the foreign fiancee is able to adapt to US culture?

If so, then the Couple can get married on U.S. soil as long as it is before 90 days of arrival.

(Learn More about the 90 days Visa..)

K1 Fiance Visa

create your free account