Travel Document for Emergency Use

[Previous Page…]

Need to Return to the Philippines for an Emergency?
Apply for a Travel Document.

Travel Document
Advance Parole Reentry Doc.

This is also known as a “Reentry Travel Document”
Advance Parole allows you to leave the United States for Emergencies.

First Time, Renew or Replace: One-time fee of $75.00

Read Guarantee Before Purchasing

FilAm Immigration Services
AP Travel Document

Our Service:
If you never applied for this and have a family emergency back in you’re Country, or you want to renew this or maybe had one lost, stolen or damaged, then for a one time fee of $75.00 we can assist you to get one.

Who needs this:
(2 Year Conditional residence)- Anyone who is under a 2-year Conditional resident status needs this if they have a need to return to their mother country for a family emergency.

(10-year green card holder)- Anyone who is a 10 year permanent resident green card status that has a desire to travel to their mother country or to other Countries for vacation or emergencies needs this.

Travel Document

USCIS Filing fee: $575.00
This is for advance Parole only that allows you to leave the U.S.A. temporarily for a genuine family emergency back in your country that you came from. The $575. includes your bio-metrics. 10-year green cardholders can use this for more than family emergencies.

Our service provides:
Once we received your payment of $75. we will gather vital information from you through our online questionnaire. We then will fill in the I-131 and then send it back to you to print out and sign. We will advise you on what other supporting documents are going to be required for you’re particular situation.

Our Review:
We will review to make sure that you aren’t missing anything to ensure a smooth process. Our guide will give you a complete step-by-step layout so that you can properly mail everything to USCIS worry free!

Travel Document

RFE – Request for Evidence

Though rare, we make every effort to insure nothing is left out of your application I-131 and to make sure that you have signed everywhere and that all of your information is truthful without any errors on such things as dates, spelling of names, and other vital information. If you receive an RFE during your application process, FilAm will asses what is needed and do everything to get you back on track.

90 Days Average:
Once USCIS has received your I-131 Application and supporting documents, it most likely will take up to 90 days before you receive you’re AP in the mail. But during that 90 days, they will do your bio-metrics. This appointment is to gather physical data by which a person can be uniquely identified. At your bio-metrics appointment, USCIS will collect your fingerprints, take your photo, and have you sign your name for electronic capture. If you do not attend the appointment, your application may be denied.

Our Commitment to you:
Once you have received your AP Advance Parole Document, we will have fulfilled our commitment to you.

Do we offer a GUARANTEE?
FilAm does not guarantee you an AP as nobody can guarantee this! However if all of your information submitted to us was totally complete, with no false information of false documents, then as it has happened to the many hundreds of others that we helped it should also happen to you. Since 2003 we have not ever had one applicant get denied an AP.

Travel Document

Posted July 23, 2019

What is the Advance Parole Reentry Document?

Advance Parole also is known as a Reentry Permit is a travel document that looks similar to a passport and can function as a passport. Lawful permanent residents or conditional permanent residents who plan to travel outside the United States for more than one year, but less than two years, may apply for a Reentry Permit.

It’s a multiple-use travel document, meaning that it can be used several times (during the valid period) to reenter the United States.

File Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, from within the United States to apply for a re-entry permit.

Travel Document

How a Reentry Permit Helps

A Reentry Permit has two basic functions:

  • A Reentry Permit allows a U.S. permanent resident to reenter the United States after traveling abroad for longer than one year but less than two years.
  • The Reentry Permit can serve as a passport for a U.S. permanent resident if he/she has no passport and cannot obtain it from the country of his/her nationality.

Without a Reentry Permit, a permanent resident that is outside the country for more than a year will most likely be denied reentry into the U.S. on the ground that he/she has abandoned his or her permanent resident status. After a one year absence from the United States, a green card is not valid for reentry. The permit is intended to prevent this problem.

Travel Document

Application for Reentry Permit

To obtain a Reentry Permit, the applicant should file Form I-131, Application for Travel Document. You must file Form I-131 while you are physically present in the United States. It will generally take at least 90 days for USCIS to approve the request. Expedited processing may be available for certain applicants.

Period of Validity

In general, a Reentry Permit issued to a permanent resident is valid for two years from the date of issuance. However, the period of validity can vary for certain permanent residents with extensive time outside the country as well as conditional residents.

USCIS will not renew or extend Reentry Permits. If your permit expires, you’ll need to apply for a new one. For security reasons, USCIS will not issue a new permit to someone who already has a valid one in his or her possession. If you have a valid permit in your possession, you will need to send it in when you apply for a new one. You do not need to send in an expired permit.

If your circumstances force you to be outside the United States for extended periods of time, seek advice from an immigration lawyer that can analyze your specific situation and recommend how to maintain your permanent residence.

Travel Document

Not a Cure All

Obtaining a Reentry Permit doesn’t make a permanent resident “immune” from abandonment issues. Even with this travel document, permanent residents can be at risk of losing permanent resident status through abandonment. Permanent residents must continue to maintain ties to the United States and the travel must be temporary in nature.

Even with a Reentry Permit, a permanent resident’s absence of more than 180 days from the United States may disrupt the 5-year continuous residence requirement for naturalization.

Instead, some permanent residents may be eligible to file Form N-470, Application to Preserve Residence for Naturalization Purposes. Use this form if you are a lawful permanent resident who must leave the United States for a period of one year or longer for certain employment purposes and you want to preserve your status as an immigrant in order to pursue naturalization.

Travel Document