Replacing Lost Passport


How to Replace a Lost Philippines Passport

Replacing a lost or stolen Philippines Passport

When you travel, the last thing you need is to lose your passport. If you hold a Philippines passport and you lose it, you must report the incident to either the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) in the country or to a Philippine consulate or embassy overseas, depending on where you are. 

To prevent misuse and other problems, you should file the report as soon as possible even if you cannot produce all the necessary evidence right away. However you will need to give as much documentation as you can eventually, so that authorities can verify that your report is accurate and justified.

This link is the official instructions:

Loosing or having a Passport stolen is a must on knowing what to do? What to do if it's a Philippines passport?


Things You'll Need:

  • NSO – certified birth certificate
  • Copy of birth certificate
  • Valid identification
  • Police report
  • Notarized affidavit
  • Passport application form
  • 3 Passport photos
  • Self-addressed stamped envelope
  • Step 1

    Report the loss of your Philippine passport to the police. Give details of the loss, theft or robbery. Get the police report and affidavit.


  • Step 2

    Get photos of yourself that meet Philippine passport requirements. The pictures must be of professional quality, measuring 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm, with a royal blue background and no older than 6 months. Wear decent attire.


  • Step 3

    Obtain one original and one copy of your birth certificate certified by the National Statistics Office and printed on security paper (SECPA). You can get NSO-certified birth certificates from the eCensus website, whether you are in the country or abroad

  • Step 4

    Prepare valid identification. Show evidence of your identity and residence, such as a driver's license, student ID, voter ID, NBI clearance or land title. You may also need to show additional proof of your Filipino citizenship such as a marriage certificate and school records. These must be originals.


  • Step 5

    Visit the Philippine embassy or consulate if you are overseas, or the Department of Foreign Affairs if you are in the country. Go to the Consular Office. Present your application form, filing fee and supporting documents. Have your thumb prints and signature taken. Execute a notarized affidavit relating how you lost your passport.


  • Step 6

    Confirm the information you give. A consular officer will attempt to determine if you really lost your Philippine passport or not. If he or she is convinced that your report is genuine, your application for a replacement passport will be processed. The Philippine embassy will need permission from the DFA before it can issue you the replacement.


  • Step 7

    Get your replacement passport. You can claim it in person on the day it becomes available, or you can wait for it in the mail. To have your passport mailed to you, you can pay for delivery after you file your application at the DFA, or bring a self-addressed stamped envelope with your application to the embassy or consulate.

    Tips and Warnings

  • You can make an appointment online through the DFA Passport Application Appointment System if you are in the Philippines. The service is free.


    If the applicant is younger than 8 years old, the form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.


    If the applicant is 18 years old or younger, you must furnish an affidavit of permission to travel from the legal guardian or parents.


    Requirements, fees and processing times may vary or change. Verify with the Department of Foreign Affairs or the Philippine consulate or embassy to make sure you have the most recent information.


    You cannot apply for a travel document while waiting for your replacement passport. Philippine authorities do not issue travel documents, as a rule. Only a consular officer can issue one upon his or her discretion.




What Immigration Service Can You Trust?

Filipina Fiance Gift

Fiance Gifts Last Longer Than Flowers or Candy

Like us on FB

View Anthony Bordac's profile on LinkedIn

FilAm Immigration Service You Tube website reputation Pagerank

FilAm Immigrations Address

Neither FilAm Immigrations, nor its staff, employees or owners, are licensed to engage in the practice of law within any United States jurisdiction. Our services do not include legal services or legal advice as we cannot represent customers in a legal capacity: We can only assist in preparing and processing your visa application.