Does U.S. Immigration requires both the U.S. Citizen and the Alien Fiancee to prove they are single and free to marry?

USCIS will require both the sponsor and the beneficiary to provide divorce decrees, annulment decrees and if applicable death certificates if either person has had any previous marriage prior to filing an I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancee.

For the alien fiance if he or she has not been married before then nothing will be needed in part with the I-129F Petition.

However once the petition has been approved and the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines has issued a case number to the couple at that time the alien fiancee must go to obtain certified PSA Certificate of No Marriage to provide at the embassy interview. See Philippines Statistic Authority (here…)