13A Visa Philippines


13A Spousal Visa Requirements

Becoming a permanent resident in the Philippines is now easier than ever with the 13A Permanent Resident Card in your hands.

You can avoid going to the immigrations offices every 59 days while trying to get your Visa extension. Avoid having to leave every 2 years to start all over again.

If you are married to a Filipino Citizen & you both have the needed requirements then this will be simple. If your lacking then here is a breakdown of what is needed?

Regardless of which Country your from?

You can Retire & Live in the Philippines as a 13A Permanent Resident, provided you satisfy the requirements?






  • Duly Notarized letter of application by the Filipino spouse


  • General Application Form duly accomplished and notarized (B.I. Form No MCL-07-01.


  • NSO Authenticate Copy of Birth Certificate of Filipino spouse and a Certified copy of the ID as Filipino citizen issued by BID. You need to request this form from National Statistics Office. 


  • NSO authenticated copy of the Marriage Contract of alien and Filipino spouse or authenticated by the Philippine embassy/consulate nearest to or in the place where the marriage was solemnized. [same as no # 3 requirement]


  • Bureau of Immigration (B.I.) Clearance Certificate


  • Plain photocopy of passport of foreign national's spouse showing applicants bio-page, admission stamp and authorized stay of at least twenty (20) calendar days from date of filing..


  • Two 2×2 passport style pose pictures of the intending applicant with white back ground on glossy film.


Philippines Permanent Resident Visa 13 (a)

First of all, a 13 (a) Visa and a 13A visa are the same. The 13(a) and 13 A designation are sometimes used interchangeably.

Why is this Visa called a 13A Visa? It is called a 13A Visa because the 13A refers to the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, Section 13 (a). It is a Visa issued to an alien on the basis of a valid marriage to a Philippine citizen.



To qualify the alien must meet the follow criteria:


Have a valid marriage with a Philippine citizen.


• The marriage must be recognized as valid under existing Philippine laws.


• There is no record of any derogatory information against the alien in any local or foreign law enforcement agency.


• The alien must not be afflicted with any dangerous, contagious or loathsome disease.


• The alien must have sufficient financial capacity to support a family and will not become a public burden.


• The alien must have entered the Philippines legally and has been authorized by Immigration authorities to stay in the Philippines.


• A 13 A Visa is available to citizens of a country which grants permanent residence and immigration privileges to Philippine citizens.


How Do You Apply for a 13 (a) Visa?


Request an application form (Form number RBR 98-01) from the Public Assistance Unit of the Office of the Commissioner. Complete and return the form. If you will be accompanied by your unmarried minor children they must fill out a separate form as well.


All documents to support your application must be properly certified as true copy. Sworn statements or affidavits need to be notarized.


Foreign documents must be duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate at the place where they have been issued. Submit the application form with the supporting documents to The Bureau of Immigration. You must pay the filling fee.


NOTE: Filing fee should first be paid before an application is filed.


Filing Papers for Permanent Resident Visa, 13A – What to Expect The paperwork involved in applying for the 13(a) visa here is not particularly difficult. However, there is a lot of time involved and visits to various departments.


You will need to prove that you are really living as man and wife. You will need health clearance which may involve X-rays. You will also need to prove your financial situation with various notarized affidavits.


The various notaries that are just outside the Bureau of Immigration will have all the required affidavits available and will type them up for you and notarize them. The costs involved in notarizing are around P50 per sheet of paper, so a few hundred pesos will be sufficient to cover the paperwork and the notarizations.


After you submit all the paperwork you will have to wait for several weeks until you receive a notification to attend an interview with your spouse. Your spouse will be questioned mainly to determine whether he/she really wants you to be a resident.


Upon the successful passing of this interview your will then have to wait several weeks until the visa is granted after your application is approved by the Board of Commissioners.


This first application process will grant you a probationary 13(a) visa for one year. You will then have to submit another, simplified, application one year after the date of the initial 13(a) Visa. The fees are not high but the process can be tiresome. Please exercise some patience. 



Another version of the requirements;



NON-QUOTA 13(A) OR 13(G)

The 13(A) Visa applies to the spouse or the unmarried child under 21 years of age of a Philippine citizen, if accompanying or following to join such citizen.

The 13(G) Visa applies to a former Filipino who is returning to the Philippines for permanent residence, including his/her foreign spouse and minor children.




o Personal Appearance and interview


o Two (2) copies of duly accomplished application form

(FA Form No. 3)


o Four (4) Photographs (2" x 2"); Colored; Plain White Background; Full Front View; Proper Attire


o Original Passport valid for at least one (1) year at the time of application for visa and


o (2) Photocopies of the passport


o Original and (2) Photocopies of the Birth Certificate


o Original and Photocopy of Police Clearance


o Original and (2) Photocopies of Proof of Financial Capability such as:


Bank statements

Income Tax Returns

Other documents showing the applicant’s capacity to financially support himself / herself during his/her stay in the Philippines


o Original and Photocopy of Medical Health Certificate (FA Form No. 11)


o Original and Photocopy of the results of the following medical examinations Stool (Ova/Parasite and Occult Blood) Urinalysis

Complete Blood Test (Blood Serology and Chemistry) Chest X-Ray Result (the x-ray negative film must be submitted)




1. Former Filipino and his/her Foreign Spouse


o  Original and Photocopy of Proof of former Philippine Citizenship of the former Filipino applicant such as:


1. Birth Certificate

2. Old Philippine Passport

3. Old Seaman’s Book

4. Others


o Certificate of Naturalization of former Filipino


o Original and Photocopy of a notarized letter from the Filipino requesting or petitioning the issuance of an immigrant visa to his/her foreign spouse


2. Foreign Spouse of a Filipino citizen


o Original and Photocopy of a notarized letter from the Filipino requesting or petitioning the issuance of an immigrant visa to his/her foreign spouse


o Proof of Philippine citizenship of Filipino Spouse (Philippine passport or birth certificate)


o Marriage Certificate (Original and photocopy)


3. Unmarried children of a Filipino citizen under 21 years of age


o Original Birth Certificate or certified copy thereof


o Proof of Philippine citizenship of a Filipino (current Philippine passport, birth Certificate or baptismal certificate, etc.) 


What Immigration Service Can You Trust?

Filipina Fiance Gift

Fiance Gifts Last Longer Than Flowers or Candy

Like us on FB

View Anthony Bordac's profile on LinkedIn

FilAm Immigration Service You Tube

K1-fiance-visa.com website reputation

K1-fiance-visa.com Pagerank

FilAm Immigrations Address

Neither FilAm Immigrations, nor its staff, employees or owners, are licensed to engage in the practice of law within any United States jurisdiction. Our services do not include legal services or legal advice as we cannot represent customers in a legal capacity: We can only assist in preparing and processing your visa application.